Annually, the Appleton education department is pleased to present five exhibitions of student artwork that focus on work created by K-12 students in the community, as well as work created by children and adults in the Appleton art classes and workshops.
Read below for information on upcoming student art exhibitions.
2020 Student Art Exhibition Schedule
January 13-February 9, 2020
Elements of Art
Featuring work from independent school K-12 students.
January 20-February 16, 2020
License Tag Art
Featuring license tag art from Marion County fifth-grade students. This annual exhibition is sponsored by Marion County Tax Collector.
This program inspires fifth grade art students to design their own specialty plate while learning about the practical application of license plate art and how Florida’s 100+ specialty license plates support worthy causes. Each school earns a share of over $16,000 provided by generous sponsors and 100 percent of the sale proceeds. Click here to learn more.
February 17-March 9, 2020
Featuring artwork from Marion County K-12 ARTS4ALL Florida students.
ARTS4ALL Florida provides support and champions art education and cultural experiences for and by people with disabilities. Their vision is to create a world in which the arts are universally accessible.
Click here to learn more about ARTS4ALL Florida.
March 23-April 26, 2020
Young in Art
Featuring artwork from Marion County K-12 students.
May 11-August 9, 2020
Appleton Studio Art Showcase
The Appleton is pleased to present the third annual Appleton Studio Art Showcase, highlighting artwork created by adults and children from June 2019–May 2020 in the Appleton art classes, camps and workshops. If you have — or will have — artwork created at the Appleton during this timeframe, you are eligible to submit your work. All ages are invited to participate! Here's how:
- Select 1–5 pieces of artwork created from June 2019-May 2020 in an Appleton art class, camp or workshop.
- Mat or mount all 2D artwork (matting can be construction paper, but not plain paper but NO FRAMES).
- Label each artwork ON THE FRONT with the artist’s name, age (if under 18), medium used, class/workshop name and teacher’s name.
- Provide a master list of all the artwork you are submitting.
- Drop off your artwork from April 20-May 1, 2020. The labeled artwork and master list can be delivered to the Security Entrance at the rear of the museum.